February 17, 2012
A balanced work and life mix is pretty difficult thing to come by. If you have a job it is natural to want to impress your boss or do some work on the weekends but it is also important to have time for yourself and your family so how do you balance that? Here are a few steps to get you on track for a better work-life balance:
- Establish and implement your own priorities. If you need to spend some more time with your family or pets, say no to overtime at work.
- Seek out a mentor. If you know someone who has a good work-life balance, they probably did not start out that way, so ask them for some pointers.
- Use your gadgets wisely. It’s not 1950 anymore, gadgets were created for our convenience so use them if you have an emergency at work, you do not always have to step foot in the office to solve the problem but don’t overuse them.
- Build downtime into your schedule. Not everything should be written in a calendar, you should have time to watch a television show, take a nap, or bake a cake. Just relax!
- Get good night’s sleep. This is essential to your health and your mood. After all, if you get sick your work and your life are at a halt for a while.
One thing many people forget about nowadays is themselves, we need to make money to live of course, but our life should not be work 24/7. Do this for you!