March 09, 2012
It’s almost coming up on that time of the year again, the flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and the birds are chirping, along with all of that happiness comes the dreaded spring cleaning. Here are a few tips on how to get it done and over with:
- Plan out what you will be cleaning, when you will be cleaning it, and for how long. Make a detailed list of what needs cleaned in what room and be realistic about the time you need to spend on it.
- Make appointments early. Many people are getting their spring cleaning done at the same time, so the carpet cleaning business may not be able to squeeze you in for a couple weeks. This is why you need to schedule ahead of time.
- Get all of your equipment and supplies out and ready before you start cleaning. This is good for many reasons including no trips to the store in the middle of cleaning, and it will go by faster because you won’t have to search for things as you are cleaning.
- There are many organizations that will take your clothes that don’t fit or that you never wear and other items around the house, so when your cleaning, fill up some boxes or bags and drop them by goodwill or another place that accepts those kind of donations.
- Get your groove on! Setting up a playlist for your cleaning time will help keep you happy and energetic.
That dreaded time of spring can easily be a bit less dreadful by following these simple tips. Just remember what you tell your kids, your room won’t clean itself.