May 25, 2012
A new trend in America is going green, and even if you’re not going green it’s always nice to save money, right? A way you can save some money is by cutting your energy costs at home or at your Non-Profit Organization. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Consider adding solar panels. This may be a pricier choice at first but it will cost less in the long run.
- Check to see if the air from outside is seeping inside your house, by sealing those crevices you can save.
- Unplug all electronics when not in use, even though it is not being used, your energy bill is going up.
- Buy appliances with the “Energy Star” sticker.
- When leaving your house for work or leaving your office, turn down the thermostat a few notches.
By following these five tips, you will have a less expensive energy bill so that you can spend money on more important things, like a nice big screen television, a day at the spa, or even a vacation!