December 28, 2012
With credit cards being used and accepted everywhere these days, it can be hard to have a budget and stick to it. Sometimes you just see that one thing that you really want and even though it’s out of your budget you get it because you can just put it on your card. Here are some pointers to help keep a successful budget:
- Create a budget! Think about how much you spend a week on groceries, bills, and other necessities and how much money you are able to spend on these things.
- Try to pay with cash as much as possible. When you have money in your wallet that you are giving away, it seems a bit harder to give. If you cannot pay with cash, keep track of what you’re spending.
- Make sure you have some savings in case of emergency.
- Flexibility is key. Things happen and income and spending can fluctuate so, just be ready for it.
- Create categories for your budget. (Example: I spend $50 on groceries and I’ll spend $30 on gas for this week)
Keeping your budget can be pretty difficult, but in the long run you’ll be happy that you did it, especially if an unexpected emergency situation happens.