June 25, 2012
Young people should watch and enjoy fireworks at a safe distance. Only adults should handle firework displays and the lighting of fireworks while following all safety precautions for your home. One of the important safety precautions is proper disposal of fireworks after use.
- Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable
- Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time
- Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary
- Light the firework at arm’s length with a taper and stand well back
- Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks
- Never return to a firework once it has been lit
- Don’t put fireworks in pockets and never throw them
- Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators
- Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire
- Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.
By following these safety tips, you can lessen the likeliness of injury and have a fun time showing our fireworks display to your family and friends at home.