On the Fourth of July it is uplifting to see your children’s faces light up when they see the fireworks, but safety comes first and children do not always know how dangerous fireworks can be so it is important to educate them. Lighting off fireworks at home can be dangerous, including the little sparklers. Here are some tips to keep your children safe this Fourth of July:
If firework injuries happen to a child, seek immediate medical attention from a hospital. If it is an eye injury, don’t let your child touch it or rub it. If it is a burn, remove the clothing from the burned area and call your doctor immediately.