April 20, 2012
It’s almost the time for our children to get out of school, have friends over, need a ride everywhere, stay up late, and eat a lot of junk food. It may seem hard to keep your child disciplined during this time but here are a few tips to keep them on track:
- Make a list of chores that each child must complete before having friends over or leaving the house.
- Instead of allowing your children to sit inside and play video games all day, encourage them to go outside and play football, go swimming, or other activities outside with proper sunscreen and water, of course.
- Always make sure that your children are supervised by a mature adult. Something that may not seem dangerous can turn dangerous fast.
- Instead of filling your house with chips and sugar filled popsicles, try veggie chips, low-fat popcorn, or sugar free popsicles. In most cases your children will enjoy that just as much.
- Sign your child up for camp. This will get them out of the house doing hobbies they enjoy that could make them more friends.
Summer vacation may not be too bad this year if you follow these tips right? Just remember that you are helping your child by providing them with a safe, healthy atmosphere.