August 10, 2012
Nowadays, people do not want to read novels about your nonprofit, they just want to get the gist of it, so that’s when blogging comes in hand. It is not always easy to start a blog if you’ve never created one before, so here are some basic beginner blogging tips:
- Make sure the person writing the blog is excited about it. You can tell when a writer is just writing facts or when the writer has knowledge about what they’re writing about and when they actually enjoy it.
- Make sure a link to your RSS (Rich Site Summary) is available.
- If you have something free to give away, then do it. That will draw more people to your site.
- Leave valuable comments on other blogs in your niche.
- Submit your blogs to general web directories such as yahoo.
All you need yet is to have something to blog about, get yourself out there in your community and tell them about your blogs, after all, word of mouth is the best form of marketing.