April 27, 2012
Do you have a dream of starting a nonprofit but aren’t quite sure where to start? Well, good for you! Taking your time is definitely a better choice than just jumping into opening a nonprofit. To help you get started here are a few tips:
- Do your research on the type of nonprofit you dream of. This should be something you are passionate about.
- Develop a business plan. You can find sample of a nonprofit business plan online in our Nonprofit Research Center.
- Make sure the legal requirements are taken care of before starting your nonprofit.
- Develop a fundraising plan that will bring in more money than is takes to do the fundraiser.
- Build an efficient board. The board is responsible for keeping you on track with your mission, helps you to protect your funds, and provides a great deal of expertise that you will need.
Starting a nonprofit may seem frustrating but these tips may help ease the frustration and get you to open your dream nonprofit.