October 26, 2012
You have your business plan created and you are to the part where you need to get a website URL but the first one you wanted is already being used, how do you know where to go from here? Well don’t get too upset, here are some tips to picking your perfect URL:
- Keep it simple and sweet. Your domain name is your best advertising sound bite.
- Avoid numbers. People could be confused by numbers. For example, if you use “4” in shirts4you.com, this would lead to explanation for some people.
- Avoid the same letters that end one word and start the next. For example, ceasarssalads.com, it makes it more difficult for people to enter the name into the browser.
- Try to get the “.com” name instead of “.net, .org, .biz, etc.”
- Register other domain names. If you purchase a .com name, check to see if the .org is available as well & then register it!
The internet is a great form of marketing, so you want to make sure that your audience can view your page easily. Increasing your number of domains is a great way to get more people to your site.