December 14, 2012
It’s that time of year to get your stockings hanging, your gifts wrapped and to take your anti-anxiety medicine. That’s right, it’s Christmas time, and along with the family gatherings and the happiness comes a lot of stress. Here are some tips to keep you sane without those anti-anxiety pills:
- Make a list and check it twice. It is difficult to remember who all you have to get gifts for and what you want to give them, so whenever you come up with an idea or new person to buy for then write it on the list.
- Healthy is happy. Sometimes we can stress ourselves sick, and then if you’re sick you’ll be even more stressed. So, take some deep breathes, do some yoga, and take your multi-vitamin.
- Plan ahead, especially if you have a family. There will be Christmas pageants, Christmas parties, and your children will be off school during the Christmas holiday, so plan all that you can ahead of time to avoid stress.
- Designate tasks to others. You do not have to do everything yourself. Tell your husband that you shop for the big things if he does the stocking stuffers, and if you have a big family dinner, give a type of food to each person to cook.
- It’s okay to say no, you cannot to everything!
This should help you have, not a stress-free (come on I’m not a miracle worker), but a less stressful Christmas.