OR CLICK THE LINKS LOCATED IN THE MAP ON THE LEFT FOR LIVE UPDATES
- Identify outside water sources: small pond, cistern, well, swimming pool, or hydrant.
- Have a garden hose long enough to reach each area of the building and outbuildings on the property.
- Install freeze-proof exterior outlets on at least two sides of the building and near other outbuildings and additional outlets at least 50 feet from the building.
- Consider portable gasoline powered pump or generator in case electrical power is lost.
Other useful links:
- www.firewise.org – Firewise workshops are offered for free all across the nation in communities large and small and free Firewise materials can be obtained easily by anyone interested.