September 09, 2013
Let’s face it, life today is stressful! Wake up, get ready for work, wake the kids up, take them to school, work 8 hours, pick kids up, make dinner, take them to ballet and baseball practice, come home, go to bed, do it again the next day. Phew! I’m exhausted just thinking about it!
Life can be stressful, and stress can wear down on not only your sanity but also your physical self. Luckily, there are ways to deal with that stress, relax, and turn stress into a positive thing. Consider these helpful ideas to alleviate some pressure from everyday life:
- Online banking. If you change to online banking, this will limit and maybe even eliminate visits to the post office, schedule automatic payments (no more spending hours on bills), and save money on envelopes and stamps while being environmentally friendly.
- Hire a cleaning service every few weeks. Imagine this, you’re sitting with your feet up on the couch while someone else is taking care of the dusting and vacuuming. Amazing right?
- Hire a babysitter or nanny. This can be a bit expensive, but you can always find a high school neighbor that you trust who just wants to earn a few bucks. This can enable you to spend more quality time with your children instead of just when you’re in the car together.
- Reduce debt through a manageable budget. This is a major stressor, so, reducing this will help immensely.
- Delegate work at the office. It’s easy to get caught in the rut of doing everything, but when that pile starts to get higher and higher, it is time to start delegating
- Consider downsizing. Many people live by the statement, “Big is better”. Well, yes it’s better if you have 5 maids, 3 chefs, and a private jet, but it is not realistic for everyone.
- Get some fresh air. The wilderness helps everyone to appreciate the simple things in life.
These are just a few ideas for simplifying your life. Consider talking to some family or friends about alleviating some stress in your life because most likely they need to unwind as well. One more thing, take a deep breath in and out.